If you’ve ever wondered if it’s possible to focus on wedding photography while seamlessly adding in portrait sessions, then let me tell you – it is! Today, I have successful high-end wedding and portrait photographer, Elizabeth (Liz) Nord who is based in Jackson, Tennessee. She is a past student of mine and she shares how she went from charging $500 per session to having a $5k portrait sale on her FIRST sale offering products.
We dive into the significance of providing full-service photography and the impact of offering prints, albums, and wall art rather than just digitals. Liz also emphasizes the importance of personal touchpoints, having an individualized approach, and the importance of offering clients a personalized, stress-free experience.
She also shares how her business has grown financially, increasing her income from $75k in 2022 to an amazing $125k in 2023, while only shooting 8 weddings due to the strategic addition of full-service portrait sessions.
This episode is sure to inspire you on the transformative possibilities within the realm of wedding and portrait photography!
In this episode, we chat about:
- Liz’s journey going from $500 sessions to $5k sessions
- The connections she’s been able to make with her portrait clients
- Making the shift from shoot and burn to doing portrait sessions
- How Liz got to ball rolling with her marketing when she made this transition
- How she’s able to stand out in her industry
- Liz’s advice to those who want to transition to products, but aren’t sure if they’re ready
- The incredible growth Liz has made in her business
Connect with Liz
- Weddings Instagram: @elizabethnordphoto
- Portraits Instagram: @elizabethnordstudio
- Website: Elizabeth Nord Photography
Connect with Christa
More about the Uncapped Photographer Podcast
The Uncapped Photographer Podcast is a podcast for established photographers teaching them how to uncap their offerings and setup in their photography business without the burnout. Every other week, Christa Rene Robinson will share the clear and concise actions you need to take to grow your photography business. This is the info she WISH someone had told her much, much sooner that would have allowed her to grow even FASTER!
This podcast is for you if you are ready to hit the next level in your business and income so you can build the life of your dreams!
Christa is a wife, mom, and photographer turned business coach with 10 years of experience in the industry. If you’d like to connect or work with Christa, reach out to her on Instagram @christa_rene. You can also learn more about her on her website https://christarenephotography.com.